Work for High Voice, Alto Flute, Horn, Harp and Viola. Text: TS Eliot. Quoting Wood: 'I had for many years wanted to set Marina, and the opportunity came to start work on it in mid August 1988. About a year later, having completed in the meantime the Horn Trio Opus 29 and the Cantata Opus 30, I turned back to the drafts of Marina and completed it on 10 September 1989. It is dedicated to the memory of my daughter, who was murdered in Bavaria on 10 September 1988. Marina is the heroine of Shakespeare’s Pericles, a play remarkable for one of the most moving of all Shakespeare’s recognition scenes – a dramatic situation which never failed to draw out his deepest expression of feeling. This is the re-meeting of an ageing father with his long-lost daughter, born at sea during the storm in which her mother is thought to have died, and long believed to be dead herself. Eliot transforms the two character’s mutual recognition into a transfigured mediation and surrounds it with a wealth of mainly marine imagery. In the words of Helen Gardener, these images are: The prelude to a moment of ecstatic recognition. The voyage in Marina discovers in the ocean anisland, and sees again a beloved face. Its theme is not the immortality of the soul, but resurrection.
Price Match Policy
Thanks for the opportunity to Price Match. Once this Price Match request is received we will look into it and get back to you (normally within 1 to 2 business day). If you leave us your phone number; this will be the quickest way to get a response. If not, then we will respond by email, no problems.
In most cases we can match any authorised Australian retailer’s price; as long as they currently have stock. Sometimes we may even be able to beat their price for you, so it’s certainly worthwhile taking a moment to fill in the request.
Why choose Industrie Music?
- When you shop with Industrie Music you are supporting a 100% Australian owned business.
- We have passionate staff with the expertise to help you with any after sales support you may require.
- We only source our products from the Authorised Australian Distributors giving you legitimate Australian warranty and distributor support.
- Your Price Match request will help us continue to offer the best prices and service in the country.
Price match conditions!
Direct deposit & Credit Cards, Paypal accepted.
- Afterpay, Zipmoney, not excepted on price matching. unless the site we're price matching offers these forms of payments.
- We can only Price Match Australian Retail Stores and Authorised Dealers. we do not price match sale items, eBay.com, eBay.com.au, amazon.com, amazon.com.au, Reverb.com.
Order Dispatch Times
Online orders take 12/24 hours to process, and usually dispatched once payment has cleared with in 1 to 3 Business days.
Once payments have cleared Orders will be dispatched from our store in Leicchardt NSW by, Couriers Please, Fast-way, TNT or Australia Post.
Orders are typically delivered within business hours only, Mon - Fri (excl. Public Holidays). Some orders may be dispatched directly from our supplier in order to shorten delivery time. Please allow up to 2 days for dispatch and 2-8 working days for delivery.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.