Rode NTG8 RF-Bias Long Shotgun Microphone Based on Rode's award winning NTG3, the NTG8 is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any professional distance miking application.
Like the NTG3, the NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
- Acoustic Principle Line Gradient
- Active Electronics RF Bias
- Capsule 0.50"
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Address Type End
- Frequency Range 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance 25Ω
- Maximum SPL 124dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level 8.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity -20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 8dB-A
- Power Options +48V phantom power
- Weight 345.00gm
- Dimensions 559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD
- Output XLR Output