Rode K2 Large Diaphragm Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone
Rode K2 Large Diaphragm Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone, K2 - The New Sound In Tube Microphones!
RODE's K2 represents an excellent value in a tube microphone, combining incredibly low noise, low distortion and high SPL with the type of fantastic lush sound you'd expect from a high-end tube microphone.
Amazingly Quiet & Versatile!
The ultimate in pure rich tube sound and performance, the Rode K2 also delivers super low self noise (10 dBA), high max SPL (162 dBA), and mega wide dynamic range (150 dB). Rode's K2 features totally variable polar pattern control for an unbeatable combination of flexibility and power. The Rode K2's legendary sound quality inspires those magic takes in even the most demanding recording applications.
RODE carefully constructed the K2 to deliver the sound and character of the prized transducers of the 50 and 60s. They've succeeded, thanks to the K2's HF1 capsule, a true 1" condenser built along the exact lines of the older transducers, but with the reliability of modern technology! Rode hand selects the tubes for the K2 for specification and sound quality. From opera to punk rock and everything in between, the Rode K2 is literally in a class by itself!
- Large, gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8, and all intermediate polar patterns
- Continuously variable polar pattern control on dedicated power supply
- Internal shock mounting for low ambient noise and vibration resistance
- Wide dynamic range
- Class A valve circuitry
- Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
- User-serviceable with field-replaceable tubes
- High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
- Durable satin nickel finish
- 162 dBA Max SPL
- 10 dBA Self Noise
- 150dB Dynamic Range
- Includes dedicated low noise mic cable, RODE case, shock mount
- Microphone Type: Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size: 1" (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 162dB
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise: 10dB (A weighted)
- Color: Silver
- Connector: XLR
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- Included Accessories: Shock Mount, Carry Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: K2