PreSonus StudioLive 18SAI 18" Powered PA Subwoofer
PreSonus StudioLive 18SAI 18" Powered PA Subwoofer With the StudioLive™ 18sAI active PA subwoofer, you can get pretty darned low—down to 35 Hz (-6 dB). Better yet, the 18sAI’s 18-inch ferrite speaker delivers those lows with an accuracy usually found only in studio monitors—except a whole lot louder (up to 135 dB SPL), thanks to a 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D power amplifier. It adds up to punchy, round-sounding lows that make kick drums, basses, and other basement-dwelling sounds come alive. But that’s just the start!When used with a StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, or 328AI, the StudioLive 18sAI forms a true four-way system. But the StudioLive 18sAI is flexible enough to work great with other powered loudspeakers, too! With most 4-way systems, leaving frequency content below 100 Hz in the full-range loudspeaker can introduce cancellation and reinforcement with the highest frequencies that are reproduced by the subwoofer. Some frequencies will be exaggerated (reinforced) while others are weakened (cancellation). StudioLive AI-series loudspeakers avoid this problem when combined with an 18sAI subwoofer. For applications where a frequency overlap at 100 Hz is beneficial, you can achieve bigger bass sound without any extra effort. For applications that require a more linear (“flat”) frequency response between the subwoofer and full-range speaker, simply engage the highpass filter on the full-range StudioLive AI-series loudspeaker. This will also readjust the phase and time-alignment to keep the full-range system in phase with the 18sAI subwoofer, enabling you to create the best four-way system for your application.
With free PreSonus SL Room Control software, you can configure, tune, and monitor networked StudioLive AI PA speakers from anywhere in the venue. You can even visually display the room layout on a laptop or iPad! Every Active Integration product—including the StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer—includes both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
Active Integration doesn’t stop at remote control. Swap out your StudioLive loudspeaker’s Ethercon control card for the StudioLive Dante upgrade, and you can ditch those analog cables. Audinate’s Dante technology is a combination of software, hardware, and network protocols designed to transfer many channels of uncompressed, low-latency digital audio over relatively long distances and to multiple locations, using a standard Ethernet network.
Using your PA speakers shouldn’t be a hassle—and with StudioLive AI-series PA speakers, it isn’t! PreSonus made the StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer easy to connect, easy to move, and easy to set up.
- 18-inch ferrite transducer
- 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-¼” combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card
- Alignment delay enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions
- Wireless or wired networking with free SL Room Control software
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, and speaker delay
- 31-band graphic EQ and 8-band parametric EQ (total of 10, including feedback notch filter)
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
For more information, please visit presonus.com