PreSonus R65 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor 150W Powered 2-way Studio Monitor with 6.5" Kevlar Woofer and 6.8" AMT Tweeter.
AMT Tweeter in a 6.5" 2-way!
PreSonus R65 active studio monitors are fitted with a custom 6.8" Air Motion Transformer tweeter that delivers superb transient response and ultra-low distortion. The R65's custom-coated 6.5" woven Kevlar LF driver provides more dynamic output than conventional woofer designs, thanks in part to the rigid cone's superior ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Amplified by 100-watt RMS of Class D amplification driving the woofer and 50-watt RMS driving the tweeter, the PreSonus R65 gives you exceptionally transparent sound with reduced reflections.
PreSonus R65 Powered Studio Monitors at a Glance:
- Superior clarity and transient response
- Excellent dispersion and stereo imaging
Superior clarity and transient response
To achieve high-frequency resonance-peak damping, many manufacturers inject conventional dome tweeters with fluid that raises mass, and in the process, sacrifice transient response time. The custom AMT tweeter in the PreSonus R65 uses an ultra-thin, folded Kapton membrane with an inlaid aluminum circuit that functions as the voice coil; this lets the tweeter move concurrently with the electric current. Industrie Music engineers agree: the result is most impressive clarity and superior transient reproduction that will make marathon sessions less fatiguing and give you better mixes.
Excellent dispersion and stereo imaging
As compared with traditional 1" dome tweeters, which provide a small projection area, an unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm delivers between eight and 13 times the projection area - considerably larger coverage. This means you'll enjoy a much wider stereo soundstage with the PreSonus R65 than traditional designs can provide. The R65 exhibits wide lateral dispersion and very limited vertical dispersion. Narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections from your ceiling and work surface that can cause smearing due to phase incoherence. The R65's broad, even horizontal, dispersion gives you a wide sweet spot. And being less sensitive to room-aberration interference, R65s perform more predictably and sound more consistent from room to room.
PreSonus R65 Powered Studio Monitors Features:
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate HF response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8" AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms
- 6.5" Kevlar woofer delivers transparent mids and lows for clean, punchy bass
- Bi-amped 150-watt Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB) compensate for room placement
- Comes with both black and blue faceplates
Upgrade your monitoring with PreSonus R65 monitors!
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size: 6.5"
- HF Driver Size: 6.8"
- HF Driver Type: AMT tweeter
- LF Driver Power Amp: 100W
- HF Driver Power Amp: 50W
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 104dB SPL
- Input Types: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TRS, 1 x RCA
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Height: 13"
- Width: 8"
- Depth: 10.3"
- Weight: 14.7 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: R65
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.