Presonus Eris E4.5 High Def 4.5" Studio Monitors (Pair)
Cheap computer speakers and home-stereo speakers are designed to make music sound good and hide the flaws, while most low-cost studio monitors are hyped to sound good in the store showroom. If you mix on those speakers, you won’t hear problems that can show up in your final production. Not so with PreSonus Eris-series active studio monitors. Thanks to well-designed Kevlar® low frequency transducers, low-mass silk-dome tweeters, responsive Class AB amplification, and professional acoustic-adjustment controls, Eris delivers the goods. As you expect from PreSonus, they use quality components, are well constructed, and deliver professional audio quality. They’re lightweight and compact and look as professional as they sound. But what really sets them apart from comparably priced systems are pro features such as user controls that allow you to tailor the speakers’ response to your needs. Yet Eris-series speakers are ultra-affordable, making them a terrific value. And with three models, you can easily find the Eris monitor that best suits your studio needs.
Today’s music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. That’s why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive user controls not usually found in their price class. All Eris speakers provide three EQ controls in their Acoustic Tuning section: High, Mid, and Low Cutoff. These controls enable you to fine-tune the monitors and even to broadly approximate the sounds of different types of speakers so you can hear what your mix might sound like, for instance, on a car stereo or portable radio. The Low control also is useful when using the Eris with a subwoofer.
The ultra-compact Eris E4.5 may be the size of a computer speaker, but this mighty mite delivers professional audio quality, thanks to a 4.5-inch, Kevlar low-frequency driver; a low-mass, 1 inch, silk-dome tweeter with protective grille; and Class AB amplification. Each speaker is powered by a 25W Class AB amplifier—plenty of juice for a small speaker. The E4.5 ranges from 70 Hz up to 20 kHz, and at 6.42 x 9.45 x 7.09 inches (163 x 241 x 180 mm), you can shoehorn this little beauty into almost any studio space.
- 4.5-inch Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 100 dB maximum continuous SPL
- HF Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- 50 watt, Class AB bi-amplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS and unbalanced 1/8-inch TS, RCA inputs
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output