Lauten Audio Eden LT-386 Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
Lauten Audio Eden LT-386 Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone, Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone with Cardioid, Omnidirectional, and Figure-8 Polar Patterns, Highpass Filters, and Multi-voicing Technology.
Fortify Your Mic Locker
Lauten Audio designed the Eden LT-386 large-diaphragm tube condenser mic for the discerning recordist. This microphone's impressive versatility begins with your choice of cardioid, omnidirectional, or figure-8 polar patterns.
From there, the 2-stage Kick-shaper and Vocal-shaper highpass filters let you tailor the low-end response for the task at hand. Then there's the onboard Multi-voicing technology that lets you select between Forward, Neutral, and Gentle response curves.
Did we mention that the Eden sounds incredible? A unique blend of classic and modern, it delivers smooth, rich low end and midrange as well as upper mids and highs reminiscent of coveted classic vacuum tube microphones.
A great choice for vocals, drums, and just about anything else, the Lauten Audio Eden LT-386 makes a superb addition to your mic locker.
Lauten Audio Eden LT-386 Tube Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Convenient pattern switching on the microphone
- Highpass filters for shaping vocals and kick
- Multi-voicing technology: from vintage to modern
Convenient pattern switching on the microphone
Lauten Audio spec'd the Eden LT-386 with three selectable polar patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 - so you're covered for any recording scenario. Having the pattern switch conveniently on the mic body (rather than the power supply) lets you quickly and easily make your selection.
Highpass filters for shaping vocals and kick
The Eden LT-386 is fitted with a pair of 2-stage highpass filters Lauten Audio calls Kick-shaper and Vocal-shaper. These filters are explicitly tuned to shape the low end of two commonly problematic sources. In the default position, the filters are hard-bypassed. Stage one (the middle position) is the Kick-shaper, specifically designed for bass drums. With its steep low-end cut, it removes excessive boominess that might detract from a enormous-sounding kick. But it can also be very effective on toms, vocals, guitars, and more. Move the switch to stage two (the bottom position), and you engage the Vocal-shaper, which cleans up your vocal tracks for a wonderfully smooth and classic sound. Of course, you'll also find this filter to be useful on multiple sources.
Multi-voicing technology: from vintage to modern
Multi-voicing is a proprietary Lauten Audio technology that uses three separate signal paths to achieve remarkably effective frequency shaping. Specifically designed and tuned for the Eden LT-386, the Forward, Neutral, and Gentle settings let you shape the response curve to the capture task. The Gentle position delivers a warm, vintage vibe and is perfect for maximum control over peaky or bright-sounding sources. Combine this with one of the highpass filters, and you have, effectively, a completely different microphone! The Neutral setting blends classic and modern to give you a smooth, even response with excellent control over sibilance. Finally, Forward opens up the mic for the coveted air of classic microphones.
Lauten Audio Eden LT-386 Tube Condenser Microphone Features:
- Designed for discerning recording engineers
- Multi-voicing switch for 3 distinct timbres
- Vocal-shaping highpass filter
- Kick drum-shaping highpass filter
- Switchable patterns on the microphone
- Premium components and build quality:
- Modern EF806's tube is aged using a proprietary process
- Custom-wound US-made output transformer for excellent control of transients
- Proprietary, custom-tuned dual-diaphragm pressure gradient condenser capsule
- High-quality, high-tolerance resistors and capacitors
- Switchcraft connectors on the microphone, cable, and power supply
- Custom Lauten cable between mic and power supply
- Handcrafted in Lauten Audio's San Jose, California, factory
Expand your sonic palette with the Lauten Audio Eden LT-386!
- Microphone Type: Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size: 1.23" (31.25mm)
- Max SPL: 120dB SPL
- Output Impedance: < 200 ohms
- Self Noise: < 20dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter: Kick & Vocal High-pass filters
- Tube: EF806
- Power Source: External power supply
- Connector: 5-pin XLR (Power Supply to mic), 3-pin XLR (PSU to preamp)
- Included Accessories: Hard Case, Shockmount, 5-pin XLR Cable
- Manufacturer Part Number: LAU-LT386