Caparison Guitars Orbit FX - Black
Caparison Guitars Orbit FX - Black, Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple/Walnut Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups - Black.
27-fret Offset “V” with High-output Pickups
Scorching tones and a full 5-octave stretch (and then some) await you in the Caparison Orbit FX. From stem to stern, this aggressive 6-string is built for balance, speed, and precision. The timeless neck-through design sees a major upgrade in the form of Caparison’s 5-piece maple and walnut neck, whose seamless transition from headstock to body, along with a great-playing compound-radius ebony fingerboard, offers unbridled sustain and unbelievable fret-hand comfort. The Orbit FX’s premium string-through mahogany body loaded with tonally distinct Caparison humbuckers (PH-R bridge, offset SH-27F neck) equip this axe for classic rock to modern progressive metal. Together, a black TUSQ nut and Gotoh fixed bridge deliver unflappable tuning precision. Signature clock fingerboard inlays and devil’s-tail headstock add an extra dose of those coveted Caparison visuals.
The consummate shredder reborn
Caparison contemporizes the iconic asymmetrical offset “V” in their Orbit FX electric guitar. Modern-day features include a 27-fret, compound-radius ebony fingerboard, a rock-solid 5-piece hardwood neck with a fast oil finish, and an extremely balanced body design. Take it from guitarists at Industrie Music: If you’re a fan of this classic design, you’re definitely going to want to get your hands on the Orbit FX.
Seamless neck-through construction
Playing the Orbit FX, your hands won’t know where the neck ends and the body begins. This is thanks to a seamless neck-through design and graduated oil and gloss finishes which converge somewhere around the 15th fret. The result is an unbelievable playing experience all the way up to the 27th fret and a cosmetic treat every time you pick up the guitar.
No-nonsense pickup switching
Players who want the bare minimum standing in the way of great tone will delight in the Orbit FX’s streamlined tonal armament. The lightning-fast Switchcraft 3-way toggle unlocks hard-edged classic crunchy rhythms to laser-focused leads at a moment’s notice. Pickups are wired in parallel at position 2 for maximum output to drive your amp input.
Caparison Orbit FX Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- 27-fret offset asymmetrical “V” with high-output pickups
- Equipped for classic rock to modern progressive metal
- 2 distinct Caparison humbuckers: a classic-format PH-R bridge and a single-sized SH-27F blade
- Speedy Switchcraft 3-way toggle
- Position 2 is wired in parallel for additional output
- Premium string-through mahogany body
- Seamless neck-through design
- Oil-finished 5-piece maple/walnut neck
- Fast-playing compound-radius ebony fingerboard
- 15° headstock angle ensures the best sound possible
- Black TUSQ nut
- Gotoh bridge and tuners
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Orbit FX
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Black
- Neck Material: 5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Shape: Caparison Soft D
- Radius: 13.77"-15.75" compound
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, White Binding
- Fingerboard Inlay: Oval Clocks
- Number of Frets: 27, Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Gotoh GE-103B-T String-thru Bridge
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 MG-T
- Neck Pickup: Caparison SH-27F Strat-sized Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH-R Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: Rotosound R9, .009-.042
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: ORB-FX-15-BK