Caparison Guitars Dellinger Prominence - Trans Spectrum Red
- Regular price
- $4,273.03 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $4,273.03 AUD
- Unit price
Caparison Guitars Dellinger Prominence - Trans Spectrum Red, Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany/Maple Body, Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, 1 Single-coil and 2 Humbucking Pickups, and Vibrato Bridge/Tailpiece - Trans Spectrum Red.
Dressed to Kill
The Caparison Dellinger Prominence solidbody electric guitar has garnered many fans among guitarists worldwide. Dressed to kill in a Trans Spectrum Pearlescent Aura finish, this sleek instrument’s arched top and pickup arrangement give your hand free rein to execute any and all picking techniques, unencumbered. A full-size Caparison humbucker is stationed at the bridge, with a compact humbucker and single-coil pickup side by side in the neck position, occupying the same space as one traditional-size humbucker. This unconventional — but highly effective — arrangement gives you access to a massive tone arsenal via a 5-way blade selector switch. As a result, the Dellinger Prominence can serve up chimey single-coil cleans; visceral crunch; fat, snarling overdrive — and everything in between, while its fast maple neck, silky compound-radius ebony fingerboard, and jumbo frets guarantee off-the-charts playability. Topped off with a Schaller S-FRT II locking vibrato bridge/tailpiece, the Caparison Dellinger Prominence is a lean, mean machine that’s ideal for modern rock and fusion styles.
Unique pickup arrangement for an avalanche of tone
One of the first things you’ll notice about the Caparison Dellinger Prominence is its unique pickup arrangement, which employs a full-size humbucking pickup in the bridge position, complemented by a single-coil and compact humbucker in the neck position, occupying the same real estate as one traditional dual-coil humbucker. This gives you the tonal versatility of an HSH setup while keeping the middle position open so that your pick isn’t constantly hitting a middle pickup — which is not only annoying but also adversely affects your picking technique. Many guitarists actually favor a single-coil in the neck position for warm, jazzy tones with a bit more sparkle than a neck humbucker affords. But with the Dellinger Prominence, you’ve still got the neck humbucker for those thick, syrupy tones you can’t get from a single-coil. It’s the best of both worlds.
Arched top for picking freedom
The first Caparison Dellinger with an arched top, the Prominence gives players who really dig in with their picking hand the freedom to play with maximum power and expression, without fear of scratching the gorgeous Trans Spectrum Pearlescent Aura finish or hitting any of the controls. Speaking of controls — there are only two: a volume pot (positioned within easy access of your pinky) and a 5-position pickup selector blade switch. This minimalist control set gives you everything you need. Indeed, many guitarists never touch their instrument’s tone control. And not having one in the circuit delivers a discernible purity of tone that’s lacking in many electric guitars.
Compound-radius fingerboard and more
The Caparison Dellinger Prominence features a 350mm–400mm compound-radius fingerboard for flawless playability. The ebony fingerboard is rounder near the nut for comfortable chording. As you head up to the solo range of the instrument, the radius flattens out for easier runs and string bends without fear of fretting out. There are many guitarists at Industrie Music who will only play instruments with compound-radius fingerboards. If you’ve never played one, all we can say is you’re in for a treat. In addition, the Dellinger Prominence features a mahogany/maple/mahogany body structure and elaborate neck joint that facilitates unimpeded upper-fret access similar to a neck-through design but with the classic tonal snappiness of a bolt-on.
Caparison Dellinger Prominence Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Archtop mahogany/maple/mahogany body, gloss polyurethane finish
- Maple bolt-on neck, Caparison soft “D” profile, oil finish
- Ebony fingerboard, 350mm–400mm compound-radius, 24 jumbo nickel-silver frets, Caparison clocks inlays
- Bridge pickup: Caparison PH-R humbucker
- Neck pickups: Caparison SH-N single-coil and VS-IA compact humbucker
- Master volume control, 5-way pickup selector
- Schaller S-FRT II vibrato bridge/tailpiece, 53.5mm string spacing
- 42mm locking nut; 25.5" scale length
- Gotoh SG381-07 HAP tuners
- Factory strings: Rotosound 0.009–0.042, standard tuning
- Single-action truss rod, headstock access
- Quality crafted in Japan
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Dellinger Prominence
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Carved Mahogany/Maple
- Color: Trans Spectrum Red
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Caparison Soft D
- Radius: 13.77"-15.75" compound
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, White Binding
- Fingerboard Inlay: Oval Clocks
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: Schaller R2 Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Schaller S-FRT II Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 HAP
- Neck Pickup: Caparison SH-N Strat-sized Humbucker, Caparison VS-IA Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH-R Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, Schaller Mega 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Rotosound R9, .009-.042
- Case Included: Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: DEL-PROM-19-TSRD