Boss Katana Artist - 100-watt 1x12" Combo Amp
Boss Katana Artist - 100-watt 1x12" Combo Amp, 100/50/0.5W 2-channel 1x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier with 5 Amp Voicings, Built-in Effects, Line/Headphone Output, Effects Loop, and USB.
Your One-stop Tone Shop for Electric and Acoustic-electric
The BOSS Katana Artist combo amp builds on the success of the Katana 100 combo, with enhanced performance capabilities like MIDI footswitch support and external speaker cabinet outputs. And the tone gurus at BOSS have optimized Katana Artist's amp models specifically for its re-designed cabinet and custom Waza 12" speaker. The result is more sonic dexterity than has ever been heard before in the Katana lineup. If you want the unlimited potential of a virtual tone studio combined with a stage-ready combo, Industrie Music definitely recommends the BOSS Katana Artist 100-watt combo amp.
Ready for any style of music, even acoustic-electric
The BOSS Katana Artist combo packs five distinct amp voicings, optimized for the best possible sound with the updated cabinet and custom speaker. Clean, Crunch, and Lead cover the range from chiming clean tones and gritty rhythm tones to solo-worthy high-gain leads. As an added bonus, the Brown setting is derived from the BOSS Waza amplifier — think iconic '80s metal. And finally, the Acoustic mode allows you to plug-in your acoustic-electric guitar too. No matter what style of music you play, or even what kind of guitar you play, there's a world of tone to explore in the BOSS Katana Artist combo amp.
Create custom effects with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
The Katana Artist supports 58 sweet BOSS effects, and you can load up to 15 of them for instant access. The amp's Booster/Mod, Delay/FX, and Reverb controls give you easy one-knob access to each effects type, with a color-coded button to switch between preset effects. To completely customize your effects and amp settings, connect the Katana Artist to your computer via USB and load up the Tone Studio software. Create your own setup or download setups created by pro guitarists at the BOSS Tone Central website. Best of all, the Katana Artist can store two custom amp and effects setups for instant recall, effectively making the Katana Artist a versatile two-channel amplifier.
Direct output for silent recording or direct performance
While the Katana Artist offers a Power Control for getting a cranked-amp tone at a low volume level, you can achieve truly silent recording by connecting the amp's line output to a line input on your recording device, completely bypassing the speaker. It's also an easy way to connect directly to a PA system to help keep the volume down onstage.
BOSS Katana Artist Combo Amplifier Features:
- Versatile combo amp with five amp voicings, customizable effects, and editor software
- Amp characters include Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the BOSS Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitar)
- 5-pin MIDI input for integration with MIDI footswitches
- Speaker output jacks for connecting external speaker cabinet (2 x 16 ohm, 1 x 8 ohm)
- Can store 15 different effects (three can be used simultaneously), selected from 58 BOSS effects
- Variable Power Control allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Shape your tone quickly with dedicated Gain, EQ, and Effects controls
- Use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to customize your effects and amp settings
- Effects Loop allows you to add effects pedals after the preamp section
- Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 2 x banks, 4 x tone channels
- Total Power: 100W (50W/05W power settings)
- Speaker Size: 1 x 12" Waza Craft speaker
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Boosts, Modulation, Delay, Reverb and more (58 total effects)
- EQ: 3-band EQ
- Amp Modeling: Acoustic, Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, Cabinet Resonance
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (16 ohm), 1 x 1/4" (8 ohm internal speaker), 1 x 1/4" (headphones/record out), 1 x 1/4" (line out with Air Feel)
- MIDI I/O: In
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Headphones: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4" (expression), 1 x 1/4" (GA-FC)
- Footswitch Included: No
- Software: Boss Tone Studio Editor
- Construction Material: Semi-closed back cabinet
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 20.3"
- Width: 24.8"
- Depth: 9.8"
- Weight: 41 lbs. 15 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number: Katana Artist