Aston Microphones Origin Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone, Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone with Cardioid Polar Pattern, 1" Gold-evaporated Capsule, and Built-in Pop Filter.
Workhorse Large-diaphragm Condenser
The Aston Microphones Origin is a unique-looking, high-performance large-diaphragm condenser mic with a 1" gold-evaporated capsule. The Origin's cardioid polar pattern, 10dB pad, and 80Hz highpass filter make this mic an all-around studio and stage workhorse. The Origin delivers a lovely, open sound with shimmering harmonics. Industrie Music have found the Origin to be accurate and versatile, excelling in most applications, especially on vocals and acoustic guitars. The build quality is outstanding: Aston has hand-selected the capsule and paired it with high-end transformerless, balanced circuitry employing top-drawer components. The Origin delivers a true and transparent-sounding rendition of the source, capturing treble detail without a trace of harshness. If you're after quality on a budget, Aston Microphones' Origin is highly recommended.
Aston Microphones Origin at a Glance:
- Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique chassis and end cap design
Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
The Origin features Aston's signature wave-form mesh head which not only looks cool, but also provides rugged protection for the mic's internals. If subjected to a forceful ding, the shock-resistant wave-form grille allows the head of the mic to distort, then return to its normal position without damage. It also offers a measure of off-axis rejection, helping to diminish unwanted ambient sound. Built into the wave-form head is a mesh-knit pop filter that eliminates plosives in vocal performances. This single-piece mesh cage is made of stainless steel, so it's rustproof; you can even remove and wash it!
Unique chassis and end cap design
Did we mention how striking this mic looks? To achieve its hard-wearing, eye-catching finish, your Origin's chassis has been tumbled individually for up to four hours, with the engraving applied afterward. A custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and built-in, interchangeable mic stand thread adapter is another unique aspect of the design. In light of the mic's superior onboard shock absorption, you can mount it directly to a mic stand - which also makes it easy to repair and maintain.
Aston Microphones Origin Features:
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern
- 1" gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation
Fortify your mic locker with Aston Microphones' Origin!
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Diaphragm Size: 1" gold evaporated
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
Max SPL: 127dB SPL
Signal to Noise Ratio: 76dB (A weighted)
Low Cut Filter: 80Hz
Power Source: 48V phantom power
Weight: 0.99 lbs.