Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre DI Pedal
or make 4 interest-free payments of $137.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre DI Pedal, Bass Preamplifier Pedal with Valve-driven Overdrive, Pad Switch, XLR and 1/4" DI Outputs, 5-band EQ, and Headphone Output.
Tube-driven Ashdown Tone in a Preamp Pedal
Any gigging bassist, whether performing or recording, will espouse the importance of keeping a high-quality preamp/DI in your rig. With the release of Ashdown's OriginAL Valve Pre-DI, you get all the tube-driven tone the company is known for in a pedal format. Not only is there just the right amount of control for nailing your ideal bass tone, but an onboard 12AX7-driven overdrive section is also independently selectable. With so much to offer every gigging bassist, Industrie Music is confident the Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre-DI Pedal will become a staple in your rig.
By stomping the Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre-DI Pedal's Valve Drive footswitch, you bring in a warm grind that can only be achieved using a real preamp tube. The 12AX7 seen through the pedal's attractive faceplate imparts your tone with thick harmonics and great touch sensitivity. By manipulating the Drive Level and Drive Gain controls above the footswitch, you're able to elicit anything from subtle tube warmth to thick amp-like grind.
Just enough control
Wrangling bass frequencies can be a tricky venture. While some preamps deal with this by offering control over every parameter imaginable, the Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre-DI Pedal pairs it down to just what you need. The pedal's 5-band EQ boasts controls for hi- and lo-mids, carving out a sound that works well for the venue and stage that you're on. Want more of a scooped midrange tone? Simply push the Shape button, and you're ready to go. Finally, the Pad button is a great help in balancing the outputs of your vintage workhorse and modern active bass.
Plenty of I/O for any gig
Whether you're recording, performing, or practicing, the OriginAL Valve Pre-DI Pedal has the features you need to get great tone, fast. The pedal's XLR DI output is mated with a 1/4" Line Out for seamless integration with your rig or for going
Ashdown OriginAL Valve Pre-DI Pedal Features:
- Powerful bass preamp pedal that's ideal for gigging and recording bassists
- Onboard tube drive from a real 12AX7 preamp tube
- Convenient XLR DI output as well as unbalanced 1/4" Line Out
- Headphone output makes the amp a great practice device
- Powerful 5-band EQ with shape button
- Balance the volume of your various instruments with the Pad button
- Type: Preamp with Overdrive
- Form Factor: Pedal
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (line in)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (main out), 1 x 1/4" (link out), 1 x XLR (DI out), 1 x 1/8" (headphones)
- Tube: 12AX7
- Power Source: 15-18V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 300mA
- Height: 2.4"
- Width: 7.2"
- Depth: 4.6"
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: FS-OriginAL-ValvePre -DI