Caparison Guitars TAT Special FM - Trans Black Berry Matt, 6-string Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, 5-piece Maple/Walnut Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, Schaller Tremolo, and 2 Humbucking Pickups - Trans Black Berry Matt.
Rocking 6-string from Caparison Guitars
You’re ready to play some heavy riffs. The TAT Special FM from Caparison Guitars is the hard-hitting, built-for-sound axe you need. This 6-string behemoth is designed to shred. Featuring a lightweight mahogany body with a 6A flamed maple top, the TAT Special FM is resonant and ready for the stage. The 5-piece maple/walnut neck with ebony fingerboard offers incredible playability and response — ideal for lightning-fast riffs and chunking power chords. In addition, a pair of smoking-hot pickups drives the tone of this stellar electric, kicking out full, gritty humbucking heat. And with a Schaller S-FRT II tremolo, the TAT FM is primed for all the sustain and tremolo effects you desire.
Wired for sound
The two Caparison humbuckers in the Special FM, coupled with a 3-way pickup selector and 4-way rotary switch, give you a dizzying array of tone-shaping options. The 4-way rotary alone offers some truly unique coil-splitting and parallel options. With this switch, you can split your neck and bridge coils, parallel each split coil between the neck and bridge, and parallel both humbuckers in full output! Simply put, you will have countless hours of exploration at your fingertips as you fine-tune and discover your unique tone and attack.
The 5-piece maple/walnut neck on the Special FM features a Caparison soft “D” profile with an oiled finish. This smooth neck’s comfortable profile coupled with the ebony fingerboard offers incredible feel and response. In addition, the 27 jumbo nickel-silver frets provide stellar intonation when playing chords or lead. Signature Caparison clock inlays give this fingerboard a really cool visual vibe as well. Guitarists here at Industrie Music love this neck!
Tradition of quality
Formed in 1995, Caparison Guitars began with a simple goal: to design and build the highest quality guitars that leave players with the sense that each and every guitar was made for them. From the start, Caparison listened to countless players to find out what they needed in a hard-rocking electric. Using only the finest tonewoods, electronics, and finish applications, Caparison has won over countless players over the years: Adam Dutkiewicz from Killswitch Engage, Courtney Cox from the Iron Maidens, and Michael J. Romeo from Symphony X are just a few of the devoted Caparison players who go to their Caparison axe of choice over and over.
Caparison TAT Special FM Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- 6-string electric with lightweight and resonant mahogany body and flamed maple top
- 5-piece maple/walnut neck with ebony fingerboard offers incredible playability and response
- Pair of Caparison humbuckers with 3-way selector and 4-way rotary puts a massive variety of tone-shaping options at your fingertips
- Ebony fingerboard with 27 jumbo nickel-silver frets provides stellar intonation
- Schaller S-FRT II tremolo for all the sustain and tremolo effects you desire
- Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P. tuners look great and keep you in tune
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: TAT Special
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: 6A Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Matte Polyurethane
- Color: Trans Black Berry
- Neck Material: 5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Shape: Caparison Soft D
- Radius: 13.77"-15.75" compound
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, White Binding
- Fingerboard Inlay: Oval Clocks
- Number of Frets: 27, Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: Schaller R2 Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Schaller S-FRT II Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 HAP
- Neck Pickup: Caparison SH-27F Strat-sized Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH-R Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 4-way rotary control (pickup configuration), Schaller Mega 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Rotosound R9, .009-.042
- Case Included: Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: TAT-SP-FM-17-TBKBM
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.